One of the continuous challenges of running a club is getting new officers trained and setup to take over club operations. Despite our best efforts, some key decisions and processes are inevitably missed and forgotten over time.
For all of the core things that need to stay with the club, it’s time turn to “the cloud“. By creating a Google Account using the Administrator’s email address from Free Toast Host (FTH), you will be given access to some of Google’s suite of free apps such as Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Docs, and much more. Click here to view an infographic that helps explain Google Apps (pinterest.com).
Here are some of the cool advantages:
- The account belongs to the club, not an individual. This means that all of your photos, blog posts, (etc) stay with the club.
- Learn new skills using modern tech. You don’t need to be a “techie” to take advantage of Google’s apps. Start by sharing a few files on Google Drive and build up your expertise from there.
- End the endless emails and collaborate via the cloud. Files you save on Google Drive can be “shared” with club members of your choice, allowing them to review, edit and comment on your latest work.
Have I got you interested? Great, here is how to get started:
- As your club’s FTH site administrator, click here to create a new Google Account using your FTH Admin email address.
- Fill out the rest of the form as required, then submit. Don’t forget to write your password down somewhere safe!
- Check your email inbox (the one that is linked to the FTH email address you just registered) for your account verification link. As per the instructions, click the verification link in the email to officially activate your account.
- After your account is set up, you may be prompted to add your mobile number, but we’ll skip that step today. Instead, click the link to manage your account profile to proceed.
That’s it! You are now setup to start using Google apps with your Free Toast Host account. Have fun!
What did you think of this post? Let us know in the comments below, and send us your ideas for the next article.